Zucchini Lasagna w/ Rosemary & Goat Cheese. Zucchini Lasagna is a delicious, low-carb, wheat-free and gluten-free lasagna that's loaded with vegetables, it's SOOO good you won't miss the pasta! Start by cutting the zucchini ribbons which replace the noodles in this dish. You will need a mandolin (affiliate link) fitted with adjustable thickness.
To our valued customers, We regret that due to technical challenges caused by new regulations in Europe, we can for the time being no longer accept orders from the European Union. It's made with thinly sliced zucchini in place of noodles, and it calls for ground turkey for the meat sauce, but it still contains everything you love about the classic When it comes to comfort food, there are few meals as satisfying as warm, cheesy lasagna. This recipe is a lighter take on classic lasagna. You can have Zucchini Lasagna w/ Rosemary & Goat Cheese using 18 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Zucchini Lasagna w/ Rosemary & Goat Cheese
- It’s 8 medium of to large sized zucchini.
- It’s 3/4 oz of rosemary; minced.
- It’s 2 tsp of thyme; minced.
- You need 8 oz of goat cheese.
- It’s 6 oz of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 5 oz of shredded parmesan.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella.
- Prepare 6 oz of baby spinach.
- Prepare 1/2 of spanish onion; minced.
- You need 6 clove of garlic; minced.
- Prepare 1 stick of butter.
- You need 2 tbsp of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 dash of nutmeg.
- You need 8 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 2 box of lasagna noodles; cooked.
- It’s 1 of olive oil; as needed.
- It’s 1 of kosher salt and freshly cracked peppercorn melange.
Zucchini Lasagna With Beef and Sausage. "My husband and guests raved about this recipe. It has now become our favorite pasta-less lasagne." A lasagna made with layers of zucchini instead of noodles, a rich tomato meat sauce, and two Italian cheeses tastes like the lasagna you love. This zucchini lasagna isn't a recipe to make on the hottest day of the year; join me in having watermelon for dinner that night instead. To avail you of your CSA zucchini overload, this lasagna swaps thin-sliced zucchini for lasagna noodles.
Zucchini Lasagna w/ Rosemary & Goat Cheese instructions
- Heat butter on medium-low heat in a sauce pot. When butter browns, add onions with a pinch of salt and pepper..
- Add a pinch of the thyme and rosemary..
- Sweat for two minutes before adding garlic..
- Heat heavy cream in a seperate sauce pot..
- When garlic is fragrant and onions are caramelized, add flour one tablespoon at a time, while stirring. Cook for 1-2 minutes to cook out flour taste..
- Slowly add warm cream to the onion mixture while whisking..
- Add herbs, grated parmesan, and dried spices. Whisk to incorporate. Add bay leaf..
- Allow sauce to reduce on medium-low heat while zucchini cooks..
- Trim ends of zucchini. Slice in fourths lengthwise. This is easiest to do by keeping a sharp chefs knife parallel to the cutting board while slicing..
- Toss with oil in a large mixing bowl or simply drizzle over the top. Season with salt and pepper. Bake at 400° for approximately 10-15 minutes or until zucchini is caramelized and tender..
- Spray a casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. Discard bay leaf. Ladle enough sauce to cover the bottom. Cover with lasagna noodles. Layer zucchini over the noodles. Sprinkle 1/3 of the shredded parmesan and goat cheese. Ladle enough sauce to cover..
- Layer noodles. Top with all the spinach. Spread out and press down firmly. Sprinkle 1/3 of the shredded parmesan and goat cheese on top. Ladle enough sauce to cover..
- Cover with noodles. Spread out remaining zucchini. Top with remaining shredded parmesan and goat cheese. Ladle enough sauce to cover..
- Cover with noodles. Ladle enough sauce to cover. Top with shredded mozzarella..
- Tip: Combine spinach and second layer of zucchini together if your casserole dish is not tall enough..
- Cover and bake 15 minutes at 350°. Uncover and bake approximately another 5-10 minutes until cheese is golden brown and bubbly..
- Garnish with parsley and grated parmesan..
- Variations; Ricotta, lemon, shallots, caramelized onions, squash, sweet potatoes, celery, carrots, cream cheese, celery root, potatoes, sage, basil, grilled veggies, bacon, prosciutto, arugala, "oven ready" noodles.
And sans noodles, the emphasis shifts to the best. Zucchini lasagna is a fresh take on a classic comfort food dish. It's loaded with veggies, but still has the rich flavors and scrumptious texture of a. I first made this zucchini lasagna recipe a few months ago when my parents came to visit for the holidays. I wanted to make them a fancy comfort-food dish that was healthy at the same time, and so this healthy, low-carb zucchini lasagna was born.