Twice Baked Potatoes with Goat Cheese, Carmalized Onions and Bacon. Mix in cheese, then half and half, butter, and chives. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Cover with the rest of the goat cheese slices, then the remaining onions.
Prick each potato a few times with a fork. The sweet onions add richness and texture to the dish and the tangy goat cheese is a delicious complement. I like to dress up the classic dish by infusing half and half with garlic and a bay leaf and stirring caramelized onions and goat cheese into the potatoes. You can cook Twice Baked Potatoes with Goat Cheese, Carmalized Onions and Bacon using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Twice Baked Potatoes with Goat Cheese, Carmalized Onions and Bacon
- Prepare 2 large of baking potatoes.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of sea salt (1/2 tsp per potato).
- Prepare 1 cup of sliced red onion.
- Prepare 2 tsp of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of dry sherry or white wine.
- It’s 8 slice of bacon, cooked and chopped or crumbled.
- You need 4 oz of goat cheese, softened.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of butter, divided.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 3/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp of thyme.
- Prepare 2 tsp of parsley.
Pesto and Goat Cheese Baked Potatoes with BaconRecipesPlus. Mix the cooked bacon, parsley, and panko breadcrumbs into the onions, transfer mixture to a small bowl and set aside. This was THE BEST macaroni and cheese I've ever tasted! I cut back on the fat by draining and discarding the bacon grease, and using non-fat cream cheese and non-fat sour.
Twice Baked Potatoes with Goat Cheese, Carmalized Onions and Bacon step by step
- Preheat oven to 400º..
- On a piece of foil, place baked potato and pierce several times with a fork to vent steam while cooking. Add olive oil and sea salt to coat each potato. Rub to coat the entire potato. Wrap in foil and bake for 1 hour until fork tender..
- Melt 3 tbsp butter in a medium pan with onions and sugar. Saute for 10-12 minutes until carmalized. Add sherry/wine and stir onions while scrapping up loose bits from the bottom of the pan. Cook for about 1-2 minutes until liquid is evaporated..
- In a small bowl add bacon, goat cheese, carmalized onions, thyme, salt & pepper. Mix well. Set aside..
- Once potatoes are cooked and cooled, cut out the center of each potato. Scoop all of the potato from the center and place in a large bowl..
- To the potato pulp, add heavy cream, salt & pepper, parsley and the other 3 tbsp.of butter.Mix well with a mixer to blend until potatoes are creamy and seasonings are well combined..
- Fill potato skins up with mashed potatoes just creamed..
- Add carmalized onion mixture to the top of potatoes and broil until cheese is melted and topping is golden brown. Enjoy!.
Twice baked stuffed sweet potatoes are filled with a savory combination of creamy goat cheese, balsamic onions, and parmesan cheese. Just make sure you scrub the sweet potatoes with a potato scrub brush (this is what I use, it makes scrubbing potatoes so much easier and quicker). Add the garlic powder, green onions and salt and pepper and mix until fully blended. A rustic potato galette that consists of a flaky pie crust enveloping thinly sliced potatoes, caramelized onions and bacon. Yes, I am perfectly aware of my baking limitations.