Wild Goose Breast Au Poivre.
You can cook Wild Goose Breast Au Poivre using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Wild Goose Breast Au Poivre
- Prepare 2 of wild goose breast.
- It’s 1 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Cognac or brandy.
- You need 1 tbsp of green peppercorns in brine.
- You need 1/2 cup of heavy (30%) cream.
- You need pinch of sea salt.
- Prepare of freshly ground pepper.
Wild Goose Breast Au Poivre step by step
- Bring meat to room temperature before preparation. Pat dry and sprinkle with salt and pepper and coat with a bit of oil, rubbing with your hands..
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat, melt the butter and oil. As they begin bubbling, place the meat in the pan and sear both sides then bring to medium rare (about 135F)..
- Remove breasts, tent with foil and set aside to rest while you complete the sauce..
- Take the skillet off the heat and add the cognac. Ignite the alcohol and shake the pan until the flames die.
- Return to medium heat and add the cream and green peppercorns..
- Bring gently to a boil and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until the sauce thickens..
- Slice 3/8" thick, across the grain. Serve drenched with au poivre sauce. Plates very well with winter vegetables like acorn squash and braised kale..