Sage Roasted Potatoes. Of solid character and haunting flavor, sage does better with robust, earthy peasant fare rather than It pairs perfectly here with potatoes and stands up well to garlic. Remove from the oven and add the garlic, sage and butter. Basic roasted potatoes can accompany any entree you put on your table.
Yes—you can serve roasted sweet potatoes and potatoes at the same time. Australian Gourmet Traveller fast vegetarian side dish recipe for sage-roasted potatoes side. A simple roasted potato with garlic, rosemary and sage side dish recipe to be served with any of your favorite meals. You can cook Sage Roasted Potatoes using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sage Roasted Potatoes
- It’s 1.3 kg of medium potatoes.
- You need 2 tbsp of goose or pork fat.
- It’s as needed of Olive oil.
- Prepare Half of bulb of garlic.
- It’s 1 bunch of fresh sage.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- It’s to taste of Ground black pepper.
How to Prepare Scrumptious New Potatoes with Rosemary, Sage & Garlic. Perfect for roasted potatoes with sage. I thought about this amazing pairing and decided to simply roast them with potatoes to soak up the duo of flavors. This whole dish is simply comforting to me.
Sage Roasted Potatoes instructions
- Preheat oven to 180c..
- Peel potatoes but keep potatoes whole. Parboil potatoes in a pot of Salted water for about 15 minutes..
- Next drain in a colander a for 2-4 minutes. Lightly shake the colander to fluff up the potatoes..
- In a roasting tray add in the goose fat and a tablespoon of olive oil. Toss in the potatoes and season with salt and pepper. Toss all together well and spread in an even layer with small gaps..
- Lightly crush each unpeeled garlic clove and add to the tray of potatoes..
- Roast for about an hour or until the potatoes are evenly golden brown all over..
- Remove the potatoes from the oven. Gently half-squish each potato using a potato masher. They should now be pushed into each other and kind of squished together..
- With the fresh sage leaves, toss in a little olive oil and sprinkle over the potatoes..
- Return to the oven and bake for a further 20-25 minutes or until the top of the potatoes is golden..
- Tip: Make it up the day before up until step 5, then cover and keep in a cool dry place until needed..
Put potatoes and all the sage clusters in a shallow oven proof dish. Onions, salt, black pepper, butter, sage, water, potatoes. Add all ingredients into a roasting pan. Sweet potatoes roasted with olive oil, salt, and pepper alone would be a side dish worthy of your When the potatoes are done, remove them to a dish and drizzle with the sage brown butter. Roasted Sage Fingerling Potatoes. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.