Crock Pot Game Casserole. Browse & Discover Thousands of Cooking Food & Wine Book Titles, for Less. Amazing Deals on Crock Pot Casserole. Taco Crock Pot Tater Tot Casserole Notes: If you would rather make this in the oven, you can find the recipe here: Taco Tater Tot Caserole (Oven Recipe).
You can easily substitute whatever cheese you prefer. I sometimes use dairy-free cheese to create a more paleo-friendly dinner. The dish is also delicious sprinkled with a simple bread crumb topping. —Courtney Stultz, Weir. You can cook Crock Pot Game Casserole using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crock Pot Game Casserole
- Prepare 500 grams of Diced game – pheasant, partridge, venison, pigeon.
- It’s 4 of Or 5 large potatoes.
- It’s 4 of Carrots.
- Prepare 1 of Onion.
- It’s 2 of Celery stalks.
- Prepare 1 cup of Savoy cabbage, shredded.
- It’s 1 of Glass cider.
- You need 2 clove of Garlic.
- Prepare 4 of Or 5 thyme sprigs.
- You need 1 of Sprig rosemary.
- You need 1 tsp of Goose fat.
- It’s 1 pinch of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 of Veg oxo.
- You need 2 tbsp of Plain flour.
- You need 1 dash of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 of Glass water.
The crock pot is such a game changer and allows us to come home to dinner ready and waiting. I love that I can stretch my meat budget and still serve delicious meals. Feel free to try other things like ground beef instead of the kielbasa. I love making a breakfast casserole, making it in a crock pot is a game changer!
Crock Pot Game Casserole step by step
- Peel and chop the potatoes into fairly large chunks, chop the garlic, onion, celery, carrots and add to the slow cooker.
- Add the diced game to a bowl, season with the salt and pepper and the flour. Heat the goose fat in a shallow pan, add the rosemary and let it cook for a minute. Add the meat and the dash of Worcestershire sauce. Brown the meat for 2 minutes..
- Add meat to the slow cooker. Add the remaining ingredients to the slow cooker. Cook overnight on low or for 10 hours on low..
- NOTE game mix can vary depending in where you are, most good butchers should be able to put together a game casserole pack.
This overnight crockpot version is a game-changer! Required fields are marked * Recipe Rating. Crock Pot Game Casserole Iv got a few winter casseroles on my profile but this is one of my favourites! You can also gently rewarm leftovers in the microwave on a microwave-safe plate until warmed through. You can freeze an egg casserole!