Bloody Gouda Burger. Bloody Mary Fall Off The Bone Short Ribs. Just purchased a Dutch oven,searched for things to make and stumbled on this. I changed it up a little to make it my own and it came out fantastic.
Cut four slices off of the smoked gouda and set aside. You'll use these slices to top the burgers later. Add cubed gouda, ground beef, sliced green onions, beer, breadcrumbs, Worcestershire, salt and pepper to a medium bowl. You can have Bloody Gouda Burger using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bloody Gouda Burger
- Prepare 1/2 of red pepper sliced julien.
- Prepare 1/2 of small white onion sliced.
- Prepare 1 of pepper gouda sliced thin.
- It’s 4 of slices of bacon cooked to desired crispness.
- Prepare 2 of burger buns.
- You need 2 of burger patties (or make fresh).
- It’s of celery salt.
- It’s 1 of cilantro leaves.
- You need of “Bloody“ Sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of clamato juice.
- It’s 1 of vodka.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of ketchup.
- It’s 3 tbsp of sriracha (or tobasco or red hot etc..).
Check out our Smoked Gouda Burgers Recipe on Mix & Match Mama, a lifestyle blog by Shay Shull focused cooking, raising a family, and travel. I'm a cookbook author, lifestyle blogger, travel agency owner, wife and mama who loves making every day special for my family. See great recipes for Ham, Broccoli, Gouda Cheese Soup too! Season with salt and lots of pepper and stir well to combine.
Bloody Gouda Burger step by step
- Mix the brown sugar, ketchup, sriracha, vodka and clamato together set aside.
- Fry onions and red pepper over medium high heat in small amount of desired oil until starting to brown, add 1/2 of the prepared sauce, let simmer.
- When sauce and onion-pepper mixture is hot remove from heat, pour over bacon (break each piece in half) set aside in a bowl and mix, cover to keep warm until burgers are almost ready.
- Meanwhile season burger patties with celery salt on both sides and cook over medium high (~10-15mins total depending on thickness), add remaining sauce (~5 mins after cooking) to burgers once both sides browned.
- On top of cooking burgers, add "bloody" sauce with bacon evenly to each burger, top with gouda let melt over low heat, remove burgers from pan to toasted, steamed or plain buns, top with cilantro leaves, serve with favorite side and enjoy.
To assemble your burgers, season the meat with salt and pepper and mix with your hands. Mold each portion into a flat pancake-like disk. Place the plain discs on top of these and press each together to form burger patties. But even though they're popular, it can be hard to come up with something witty to post along with that juicy burger photo. See great recipes for Ham, Broccoli, Gouda Cheese Soup, Gouda turkey club too!