North Carolina Trout with Sautéed Oyster Mushrooms and Pecans with Gouda Grits. Preparation Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. The Best Sauteed Oyster Mushrooms Recipes on Yummly Dolsot Bibimbap (korean Stone Pot Rice Bowl), Oysters And Grits With Roasted Tomatoes, Asian Vegetable Soup.
Growing pecans requires patience and a long-term commitment. North Carolina Psychedelic Mushroom Varieties (seven pictures). Combine spinach, mandarin oranges, water chestnuts, onion, pecans, and warm mushrooms in a large serving bowl. You can cook North Carolina Trout with Sautéed Oyster Mushrooms and Pecans with Gouda Grits using 20 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of North Carolina Trout with Sautéed Oyster Mushrooms and Pecans with Gouda Grits
- Prepare of Gouda Grits.
- It’s 1 cup of whole milk.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- It’s 1 of Kosher salt, to taste.
- You need 1 of Black pepper, to taste.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Riverview Farms grits.
- It’s 2 oz of grated Gouda.
- You need 1 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- It’s of Trout with Oyster Mushrooms and Pecans.
- It’s 16 oz of fresh trout filets.
- You need 1 of Kosher salt, to taste.
- It’s 1 of Black pepper, to taste.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of pecan pieces.
- You need 2 oz of oyster mushrooms, chopped.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of cinnamon ground.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cumin ground.
- You need 1/10 tsp of cayenne.
- Prepare 8 each of cherry tomatoes, halved.
King Trumpet mushrooms are medium to large in size and are easily identified by their thick cylindrical stem and their small, flattened cap. Wild King Trumpet mushrooms are native to the Mediterranean regions of Europe, North Africa, and the Middle East and have been growing since ancient times. Oyster mushrooms are abundant in healthy protein, B vitamins, potassium, and fiber. I find they are best cooked briefly over medium-high heat to I typically heat coconut oil or olive oil to a medium-high temperature, toss in sliced King oyster mushrooms, leave them alone for a minute or two, then toss.
North Carolina Trout with Sautéed Oyster Mushrooms and Pecans with Gouda Grits instructions
- Combine milk, water, salt, and pepper in a small sauce pot and bring to a simmer, while occasionally stirring, over medium heat. Slowly stir in the grits with a whisk, then continue to stir until they return to a simmer..
- Lower heat to medium-low and cook 25-30 minutes. Season the trout with salt and pepper..
- Continue stirring grits along the bottom of the pot every 5 minutes or so with a whisk and/or flat-edged wooden spoon to avoid scorching the pot. Once grits have cooked fully, turn off the heat, cover the pot and let rest on the stove for another 15-20 minutes..
- While grits are resting, heat a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add oil, and heat until shimmering..
- Add trout skin-side down. Cook without turning or moving until the fish is mostly cooked through and well-browned and crisp on the skin side. Move to a plate, skin-side up, and set aside..
- Add pecans to the trout pan and toast/brown for 1-2 minutes. Add oyster mushrooms, butter, and spices. Cook while stirring 3-4 minutes, or until tender. Add tomatoes and salt and pepper to taste. Push everything to one side, then return fish to the pan, skin-side up. Turn off the heat..
- Add the grated Gouda and butter to the grits, stirring well to melt and combine, then adjust the consistency with a little more milk or water if needed. The grits should be viscous but should still “stand up” on the plate..
- Top trout with the oyster mushroom and pecan mixture and serve alongside a helping of Gouda grits. Enjoy!.
Of all mushrooms commonly consumed, oyster mushrooms in the genus Pleurotus stand out as exceptional allies for improving human and environmental health. These mushrooms enjoy a terrific reputation as the easiest to cultivate, richly nutritious and medicinally supportive. Rinse oyster mushrooms thoroughly, and pat dry with paper towels. Shred mushrooms by hand into long, thin pieces. Bring water to a boil in saucepan over medium-high heat, and dip in shredded oyster mushrooms for several seconds.