Eggplant Casserole IV. Place the eggplant in a medium microwave safe dish. Repeat layering with the remaining ingredients. Much like portobello mushrooms, it's not just nutritious but also wonderfully flavorful, almost "meaty." That's why I have quite a few eggplant recipes on this blog.
The combination of deeply flavorful, roasted eggplant slices, tangy tomato sauce, and. Casserole is an easy-to-prep, crowd-pleasing comfort food. Add some eggplant and you've got an insanely good combo. You can have Eggplant Casserole IV using 22 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Eggplant Casserole IV
- It’s of Soaking.
- It’s 1 of large eggplant aubergine.
- It’s As needed of salt.
- Prepare As needed of water to rinse eggplant.
- You need of Meat sauce.
- Prepare 2 pound of ground sirloin/beef.
- You need 1 of large onion.
- You need 2 tablespoons of parsley flakes.
- You need 2 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1-1/2 cup of roasted sweet peppers.
- You need 16 ounces of diced tomatoes.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s To taste of ground black peppe.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of marjoram.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of savory.
- It’s 16 ounces of tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 of rib/stalk celery sliced thinly.
- Prepare of Layers.
- It’s 2 cups of shredded gouda cheese.
- You need 1 cup of chopped black ripened olives.
- Prepare 2 cup of shredded Monterey jack and cheddar cheese.
Check out the best in eggplant casserole. This eggplant casserole is a fast and easy meal that's bursting with flavor. The eggplant is cubed and cooked with a tasty combination of cheese, eggs, bread crumbs , garlic, and chopped vegetables. Feel free to add some mushrooms to the eggplant casserole, or change the type of cheese.
Eggplant Casserole IV step by step
- Peel and slice the eggplant into thin slices. Salt each slice on both sides. Let sit for 30 minutes then rinse..
- Wash all the vegetables. Preheat oven to 400°Fahrenheit chop the celery, leaves and all. Slice the peppers and onions..
- Heat pot and brown the beef with the onions, peppers, tomatoes, celery, add spices and simmer 10 minutes..
- Add tomato sauce and tomato paste, adjust the salt and pepper if more is needed..
- Heat a skillet and lightly brown the eggplant..
- In a 10 inch oven safe pan add a thin layer of meat sauce. Cover with part of the eggplant slices. Then add the colby Monterey jack cheese..
- Chop and slice the olives. Add olives over most of the top..
- More meat sauce. Eggplant. Then aged Italian blend.
- Meat sauce and shredded gouda cheese. Put into the oven for 35-40 minutes..
- Let rest 15 minutes serve I hope you enjoy!.
These easy baked eggplant recipes are about to change your views for the better. Whether it's topped with sauce and cheese or roasted and mashed into a creamy dip, eggplant becomes creamy and luxurious with the help of your oven. Add the eggplant and cook halfway through. Taste of Home has the best eggplant casserole recipes from real cooks like you, featuring reviews, ratings, how-to videos and tips. Eggplant Roll-Ups We love these easy Italian eggplant roll-ups stuffed with creamy ricotta and spinach.