The American Medical Affiliation launched its annual medical health insurance competitors standing report on September twenty eighth.
The research analyzed 384 metropolitan statistical areas in all 50 states and Washington, DC
Listed below are seven issues it is best to know:
1. 73 % of MSAs have been extremely concentrated markets as recognized by federal tips. That may be a 71 % improve in 2014.
2. Over half (54 %) of those extremely concentrated MSAs grew to become extra concentrated between 2014 and 2020.
3. Nearly half (46 %) of MSAs had an insurer that held greater than half of the market.
4. There have been insurers in 14 states who managed greater than half of the insurance coverage market.
5. Alabama, Michigan, Louisiana, South Carolina, and Hawaii have been the states with the least aggressive buying and selling markets.
6. Anthem held probably the most high positions in MSA market shares (80), adopted by Well being Care Service Corp. (44), UnitedHealth Group (22), Blue Cross Blue Defend of Florida (22), Highmark (20) and Kaiser (20).
7. On the nationwide stage, UnitedHealth Group has the most important market share (15 %), adopted by Anthem (12 %), Aetna (11 %), Cigna (10 %), Kaiser (7 %) and Well being Care Service Corp. (6 % ). The one change out there share ranking since 2014 is that Kaiser acquired Well being Care Service Corp.